Hastings Community Association
Incorporated as a non-profit society in 1935, the Hastings Community Association (HCA) works in partnership with the Vancouver Park Board to provide recreation, social, educational and cultural opportunities in the Hastings-Sunrise area. The HCA provides subsidies for low-income users and emergency financial support to community programs. Through its activities and committees, the Association ensures that the community is represented at the Centre, Templeton Park Pool and in local planning & development issues such as the redevelopment of Hastings Park.
The Hastings Community Association is responsive to the community we serve and works with the Vancouver Board of Parks and Recreation cooperatively in order to provide for the community’s ever-changing recreational needs.
The general philosophy of the Hastings Community Centre is to offer a great diversity of recreational activities for all ages.
Incorporated as a non-profit society in 1935, the Hastings Community Association (HCA) works in partnership with the Vancouver Park Board to
- Provide cultural, intellectual and physical activities for the community through recreational endeavours, leisure activities and other similar activities,
- Assist, develop and foster community spirit and community involvement through:
- Public forums
- Non-partisan all-candidates’ meetings
- Park issue discussion
- And other events of social relevance to the community,
- Co-operate and maintain a close liaison with the Vancouver Park Board,
- Co-operate with other persons, groups and organizations in the community,
- Raise money for recreational activities and projects in the community interest, and
- Carry on social activities incidental to the above purposes – but not to own, operate or manage a social club.
The HCA has about 100 volunteers, and members of the public are encouraged to become involved.
Audited Financial Statement as at December 31, 2018
Constitution of the Hastings Community Association
Bylaws_of the Hastings Community Association
2019 Retained Earnings Plan for the Hastings Community Association
General Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hastings Community Association 2019-2020 Board of Directors