Hastings Community Association
Incorporated as a non-profit society in 1935, the Hastings Community Association (HCA) works in partnership with the Vancouver Park Board to provide recreation, social, educational and cultural opportunities in the Hastings- Sunrise area. The HCA provides subsidies for low income users and emergency financial support to community programs. Through its activities and committees, the Association ensures that the community is represented at the Centre, Templeton Park Pool and in local planning & development issues such as the redevelopment of Hastings Park. The HCA has about 100 volunteers, and members of the public are encouraged to be involved.
The Hastings Community Association is responsive to the community we serve and works with the Vancouver Board of Parks and Recreation co-operatively in order to provide for the ever changing recreational needs.
The general philosophy of the Hastings Community Centre is to offer a great diversity of recreational activities for all ages.
Incorporated as a non-profit society in 1935, the Hastings Community Association (HCA) works in partnership with the Vancouver Park Board to
- provide cultural, intellectual and physical activities for the community through recreational endeavours, leisure activities and other similar activities,
- To assist, develop and foster community spirit and community involvement through:
- Public forums
- Non-partisan all-candidates meetings
- Park issue discussion
- And other events of social relevance to the community
- Co-operate and maintain a close liaison with the Vancouver Parks Board,
- Co-operate with other person, groups and organizations in the community,
- Raise money for recreational activities and projects in the community interest, and
- Carry on social activities incidental to the above purposes – but not to own, operate or manage a social club.
The HCA has about 100 volunteers, and members of the public are encouraged to become involved.
Hastings Association Board
President: Rebecca Sissonen
1st VP: Joyce Chow
2nd VP: Jason McGarry
Treasurer & Past President: Sherry Breshears
Secretary: Kelleen Toohey
Directors: Joel Foster, Jukka Vuorma, Linda Foy, Harry Quon, Mona Bodalia Dale, Josh Cook, Eleanor Reardon, Connie Bonsteel, Patricia Coutts, Jennifer Tisdall
Youth Director: Ethan Chen