About – Fitness Centre
We will continue with bookable time slots in the Fitness Centre throughout September. Timeslots are bookable hourly on the hour from 6 am to 9 pm Monday-Friday, 9 am to 4 pm Saturdays, and 10 am to 1 pm Sundays.
Please see https://vancouver.ca/home-property-development/coronavirus-affected-park-facilities-and-services.aspx for current city-wide regulations on masks and proof of vaccination.
- The Fitness Centre is open for pre-bookable sessions of 1 hour in duration.
- We have a capacity of 15 pre-registered patrons.
- Registration begins on Fridays for the following week and can be made online or in person. No telephone registration will be accepted.
- Online registration can be done through https://ca.apm.activecommunities.com/vancouver/Activity_Search; search Hastings Fitness Centre
- To request a refund, contact the centre 48 hours before your session, during front office hours.
- Entry will be via scannable pass only, 10-visit or monthly/yearly.
Arrival & Check-in
- Customers must stay home if they are sick; by entering our facilities, customers are declaring they are in good health.
- Follow signage and physical distancing markers while in the building.
- Customers should arrive no more than 10 minutes before their session.
- If customers arrive 10 minutes after their reserved session they are considered a no-show and will be charged.
- Fitness schedule is subject to change.
The Hastings Community Centre’s Fitness Centre is Association-operated and includes a large selection of LifeFitness and Hammer Strength Pin-Select, cable and plate-load machines. Our Fitness Centre also offers a large selection of free-weights, physio balls and medicine balls. Other equipment includes body bars, bosu balls & balance boards. In our Cardio Room, we have a rowing machine, elliptical trainers, upright and recumbent computerized bikes, treadmills, a power step mill and a Keiser spin bike.
Fitness Centre Etiquette
- Respectful behaviour, following Making All Recreation Safe (M.A.R.S.) guidelines
- Follow posted signage
- Chalk use not permitted
Fitness Attendants on Duty
Monday – Friday 6 AM – 10 AM
Monday – Thursday 3:45 PM – 8:45 PM
|FITNESS CENTRE OR AEROBIC FEES|
Youth 13-18, Adults 60+, LAC
|Prices listed include GST.|
Passes are non-transferable and were suspended as of March 16, 2020. Time left on your pass will be adjusted accordingly when you un-suspend or request a refund. Patrons may receive one extension per year from 2 weeks up to 3 months due to illness, injury or travel. 10 visit passes do not expire.
Youth (13-18 years), Older Adults (60+) years, and Leisure Access Card holders receive a 50% discount on passes. Students currently attending school fulltime receive a 40% discount on passes. Students must present proof that they are currently attending a minimum of 3 courses at local post-secondary institutions that are listed below with the Hastings Community Centre.
|Art Institute of Vancouver||Emily Carr University of Art & Design||University of British Columbia|
|BCIT||Kwantlen Polytechnic University||University of the Fraser Valley|
|Capilano University||Langara College||Vancouver Community College|
|Douglas College||Simon Fraser University||Vancouver Film School|