The Fitness Centre is re-opening on Monday, September 21 with new precautions and added safety measures in place.
- Starting Mon, Sep 21 we will have 3 time slots per day available for booking Monday to Friday, between 9 am – 1 pm.
- We have a capacity of 15 patrons. 12 spots can be reserved online while 3 spots are set aside for drop-in.
- Registration begins at 12 pm 3 days in advance and can be made online, in-person, and by phone.
- Online registration can be done through https://ca.apm.activecommunities.com/vancouver/Activity_Search; search Hastings Fitness Centre
- To request a refund, contact the centre before 3 pm the day before the session.
- 10 visit passes can be used for drop-in spots.
Arrival & Check-in
- Customers must stay home if they are sick; by entering our facilities, customers are declaring they are in good health.
- Follow signage and physical distancing markers while in the building.
- Customers should arrive no more than 10 minutes before their session.
- If customers arrive 10 minutes after their reserved session they are considered a no-show and their spot will be made available for drop-in.
- If they arrive after the session has started and the session has not filled, they may be allowed admittance.
- If the session is full, they will not be allowed admittance; refunds will not be provided.
- Arrive fully dressed for your workout and bring your own water bottle – water filling station is available for water bottle filling ONLY
- Changing rooms, showers, and lockers are closed at this time. You will have access to the washrooms.
- Fitness schedule is subject to change.
The Hastings Community Centre’s Fitness Centre is Association-operated and includes a large selection of LifeFitness and Hammer Strength Pin-Select, cable and plate-load machines. Our Fitness Centre also offers a large selection of free-weights, physio balls and medicine balls. Other equipment includes body bars, bosu balls & balance boards. In our Cardio Room, we have a rowing machine, elliptical trainers, upright and recumbent computerized bikes, treadmills, a power step mill and a Keiser spin bike.
Fitness Centre Etiquette
- Respectful behaviour, following Making All Recreation Safe (M.A.R.S.) guidelines
- Follow posted signage
- Chalk use not permitted
Fitness Attendants on Duty
Monday – Friday 9:00 AM -1:00 PM
Romeo Mele BCRPA Strength Training, Exercise to Music, Personal Training, Special Core Stretching Certificate, Sports Specific Training Certificate
|FITNESS CENTRE OR AEROBIC FEES|
Youth 13-18, Adults 60+, LAC
|Prices listed include GST.|
Passes are non-transferable and nonrefundable; however, patrons may receive one extension per year from 2 weeks up to 3 months due to illness, injury or travel. Please ask for more details about our pass extension guidelines.
Youth (13-18 years), Older Adults (60+) years, and Leisure Access Card holders receive a 50% discount on passes. As of September 3, students currently attending school fulltime receive a 45% discount on passes. Students must present proof that they are currently attending a minimum of 3 courses at local post-secondary institutions that are listed below with the Hastings Community Centre.
|Art Institute of Vancouver||Emily Carr University of Art & Design||University of British Columbia|
|BCIT||Kwantlen Polytechnic University||University of the Fraser Valley|
|Capilano University||Langara College||Vancouver Community College|
|Douglas College||Simon Fraser University||Vancouver Film School|
Monday-Friday: 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
* Closed on all Statutory Holidays